The Children’s Hospital Foundation works wonders for sick kids at the Queensland Children’s Hospital, all over Queensland and northern New South Wales. Through the generosity of our donors and key partners, we invest in world-class research, innovative clinical care and deliver patient and entertainment services for sick kids and their families in a healing environment.
An opportunity has arisen to ensure our children, and future generations, receive the world-class treatment, care, and support they deserve. We are seeking a Family Support Coordinator to join our dedicated and passionate team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to make your mark and do something special.
What will you be doing?
Reporting to the Family Support Manager, you will assist in the delivery of the Foundation’s Family Support activities through building and maintaining strong relationships with families in the hospital and providing positive interactions to improve their experience and overall hospital journey. It will be a busy and rewarding role that will focus on:
- Assisting the Family Support Manager with identifying and stewarding appropriate families for collateral, online and media activities, and providing support to major Foundation campaigns, direct marketing and community fundraising.
- Coordinating photo and video consents, including administrative functions associated with the upkeep of databases.
- Building relationships with families who have the potential to be involved in Children’s Hospital Foundation activities.
- Providing support to families through the promotion of services offered by the Foundation.
- Assisting in the delivery of family experiences.
Who are you?
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
- Qualifications or equivalent level of experience in the areas of peer support and/or community services in the context of healthcare.
- Exposure to the media and journalism industry would be advantageous.
- Strong understanding of a hospital environment and health system.
- Excellent customer service and people skills with a proven track record of developing strong relationships with a wide variety of people from diverse backgrounds in an empathetic and sensitive style.
- Ability to maintain a calm and professional demeanour when supporting families who may be experiencing crisis or are vulnerable.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite and the use of web-based platforms and social media.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills with the ability multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with others as a flexible and fair team player.
What we offer….
In return, you will work in a passionate and motivated organisation where you can see the difference you make in people’s lives. We believe in developing and investing in staff and providing work/life balance. You can also increase your take-home salary through generous salary packaging benefits.
We envisage this to be a full-time, permanent role that will be based in South Brisbane.
For a copy of the position description please click here and to learn more about the Children's Hospital Foundation please go to our website https://childrens.org.au/
How to apply….
To apply for this position, please click apply for this job, complete the application form, and upload your cover letter and resume.
Applications will be accepted until COB Friday 5 August 2022 however; interviews may take place during this time and the role may be filled prior to this date.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander persons are encouraged to apply.
- To be eligible for permanent employment within the Children’s Hospital Foundation you must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident.
- To ensure the health and safety of our people, patients, families, and people we support at the Children’s Hospital Foundation, all staff are required to comply with statutory and Government requirements, such as public health directions, and the Foundation’s vaccination policy requirements, including COVID-19 vaccinations. The successful applicant must be able to meet the Foundation’s condition of employment to be fully vaccinated, ensuring all recommended doses of approved Covid-19 vaccines (including boosters) approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration and the provision of Covid-19 Certificate before commencing employment.